Friday, November 07, 2008

I don't want to get all judgmental, BUT...

I found out the other day that somebody* (an acquaintance as opposed to a "friend") I used to work with became a father for the second time.

Nothing wrong with that.

He now has a child with his ex-wife and one with his girlfriend (I'm assuming this part as I've no evidence that he got remarried).

Again, nothing wrong with that.

What I do find troubling is that in addition to his regular job, he still has (as far as I know) two other full-time occupations: paying off fines to get his (repeatedly) suspended license back and buying/consuming mass quantities of marijuana. As you might imagine, these two "sidelines" have often crossed paths.

Well, good luck to him.

*He is the technical college dropout who once tried to lecture me on European history