Saturday, December 12, 2009

Items of note

Every once in a while I need to clear the decks, so here we go!
  • Is my right knee becoming arthritic? Could be.
  • I need to start writing again.
  • Today's mail brought an issue of Rolling Stone that reviews the best albums, songs, etc. of the decade- it was worse than I thought. Yeesh.
  • I dawned on me today (yesterday?) that every woman I've ever dated has been smart- very smart, some even smarter than me! I've always assumed that this was a good thing, but give my, um, history, I'm beginning to have second thoughts.
  • I need a vacation. A long, far away vacation. I'm going to be going to Florida again in the spring, and I'll have fun, but it won't be long enough and it's not far away enough.
  • I've said it once and I'll say it again, I HATE being sick. I'm not saying there's anybody who actually likes it, but I feel like it highlights every negative facet of my personality, and that's not good for anyone.
  • I'm still not a fan of poetry, but Walt Whitman is growing on me. Don't tell my dad, though, I can't bear to see the look of self-satisfaction that will affix itself to his face.
  • After a couple of years of failure, I have once again been able to complete all of my Christmas shopping from the comfort of my couch and without having to talk to anyone.
  • In addition to the one book I'm reading, I have a stack of four more waiting for me and another one on the way to me from Amazon. Sweet.
Well, there's actually more, but I've got things to do...

No comments: