Sunday, December 27, 2009

The Christmas Betting Line Results

Well, let's see how I did:

George Foreman Grill with removable plates.

I struck out on this one last year, but this year my mother has all but told me outright that she's going to get it for me, so: 100%

Winner- I've already used it twice since Christmas Day!

A subscription to Consumer Reports

I know, it's a nerdy thing to ask for...it's not expensive, somewhat practical, and easy to pawn off on somebody outside my immediate family, so: 50%.

Winner- I'll be waiting by the mailbox for the first issue to show up!

Western Mass Pioneers Season Tickets

This is one of those things I was planning to buy for myself, so I thought there was no harm in asking...just in case. Still, there a bit pricey, can't be ordered online, etc., so: 1%

Winner- I think. I didn't think I'd get it, and I didn't.

FIFA 2010 for PS3

Last year I was certain that I wasn't going to get the 2009 version, but my brother and sister in-law came through, so I'll count on that again: 75%

Loser- I was pretty confident that I'd get this, and I didn't.

New York by Eduard Rutherfurd

It's a book. People like to buy me books, so: 100%

Push- I didn't get it as a gift, but I used one of the Amazon gift cards I received to purchase it.

Socks

What?! Why pay for them myself? I asked for a specific brand in a specific color, they're cheap and easy to get, so: 100%

Winner- it's always nice when I don't have to spend my money on "necessities."

Printer Cartridges

Expensive. Boring. Didn't want to buy them myself if I didn't need to. I'm not expecting them unless my brother can find a "deal" on them, so 5%

Winner- I didn't think I'd get them, and I didn't.

IKEA Gift Card

I don't even know if they have gift cards at IKEA, so 1%

Loser- this is one that I'm happy to lose. Unfortunately it means a two hour drive to the nearest IKEA as they sell only a few of their products on line.

Well, there we are, maybe my best year yet. 5 wins, 1 push, and 2 losses.

Other cool stuff I received:
  • A coffee table book of film noir posters.
  • A new digital watch
  • A DVD of Blackboard Jungle
  • A $25 iTunes gift card
  • My Custom Van by Michael Ian Black
  • A subscription to Outside magazine

No comments: