Friday, December 18, 2009

The Christmas Betting Line

Welcome to the Third Annual Christmas Betting Line Spectacular!

I've done "okay" with my prognostications the first two times, but this year could be a bit more difficult. While I did make a list for my mom- as she requires- it was also farmed out to my siblings and other family members who are far less predictable than my beloved mother. Still, I will do my best.

The only change this year is that I'm going to express the chances of receiving the gifts in question in terms of percentages.

George Foreman Grill with removable plates.

I struck out on this one last year, but this year my mother has all but told me outright that she's going to get it for me, so: 100%

A subscription to Consumer Reports

I know, it's a nerdy thing to ask for...it's not expensive, somewhat practical, and easy to pawn off on somebody outside my immediate family, so: 50%.

Western Mass Pioneers Season Tickets

This is one of those things I was planning to buy for myself, so I thought there wa no harm in asking...just in case. Still, there a bit pricey, can't be ordered online, etc., so: 1%

FIFA 2010 for PS3

Last year I was certain that I wasn't going to get the 2009 version, but my brother and sister in-law came through, so I'll count on that again: 75%

New York by Eduard Rutherfurd

It's a book. People like to buy me books, so: 100%

Socks

What?! Why pay for them myself? I asked for a specific brand in a specific color, they're cheap and easy to get, so: 100%

Printer Cartridges

Expensive. Boring. Didn't want to buy them myself if I didn't need to. I'm not expecting them unless my brother can find a "deal" on them, so 5%

IKEA Gift Card

I don't even know if they have gift cards at IKEA, so 1%

I'll be back after Christmas to let you know how I did this year.

No comments: