Friday, December 26, 2008

The Christmas Betting Line: The Results!

Not only was Christmas great in general, but I did VERY well when it came to my predictions!


OXO® Silicone Oven Mitt with Magnet

1/1 or 2/1: I will get an oven mitt (hence the first set of odds), I am less confident that I will get the exact one I requested.

I got this one exactly right.

Microwaveable covered dish

3/2: I will be shocked, shocked, if I do not receive this gift.

I did not get this, but I did get a cover that can be used to cover a dish in the microwave, so I'm calling this one a "push."

iPod “Shuffle” (2G)

100/1: Not a chance.

I got it, and I couldn't be happier to be wrong!

GPS for my car

500/1: Even less of a chance than the iPod.

Got it- from my brother no less!- and, again, I'm glad to be wrong.

Age of Empires “Asian Dynasties Expansion Pack”

50/1: Slim chance.

Didn't get it, so I'm right.

FIFA '09 for PlayStation 3

10/1: Much easier to find than the previous game. If I do get this, my brother will be responsible for it, whether giving it directly, or getting it so my Mom can give it to me.

My brother got it for me.

Hoover SS220 Flair bagless, upright stick vacuum with power nozzle

2/1: Much like the humidifier I asked for last year, this one is pretty much a lock- practical, reasonably priced, and I actually want it. That being said, it doesn't cost any more than the iPod, which I'd rather have!

As I said, "a lock."

Victorinox Swiss Army Knives: A “Mini-Champ” and any one of the following: Nomad, Mountaineer, Trailmaster, Picknicker, Hunter, Outrider, or Rucksack.

3/1 or 10/1: I will probably get one of these knives, and I'm pretty certain it will be the "Mini-Champ."

I'm almost frightened by how perfectly I got this one.

Fleece duvet/comforter cover- flannel would be my 2nd choice

4/1 or 10/1: I will get a duvet cover...but probably not a fleece one. Maybe not even a flannel one. I probably should include a third set of odds, but I'm not going to.

Missed this one completely.

George Foreman Next Grilleration 4-Burger Grill w/ Removable Plates

20/1: If I'm wrong about any gift on this list, it will probably be this one. It might be too practical for my family to pass on.

I'm going to call this one a push as well- the odds were longish and my Mom told me she got me the iPod instead...which is the way I would have wanted it!

A wood/glass case for the flag that covered my grandfather's casket


1/1: This one is almost unfair. Not expensive and super sentimental. I almost feel bad for putting any odds on it at all.

As I was saying- unfair. It's already got the flag inside it and proudly displayed.

Small iPod compatible clock/radio

50/1: Even though I specifically suggested two different models, I will likely get neither.

I was right, I didn't get either one- but I got one, so I'm wrong. Make sense?

Alright, let's total things up:

Right: 6

Wrong: 4

Push: 2

Not "great," but much better than last year's predictions!