Friday, July 18, 2008

So, about last weekend...

...here are the highlights
  • 147lbs of spit roasted pig. I maintain that I did not actually eat that much of it. My brother in-law (a chef who was responsible for the preparation of the porker) begs to differ, claiming that I "packed it away." Whatever, that's not the point!
  • On-site soft-serve ice cream machine: chocolate, vanilla, Butterfinger, and cookie dough. Say what you want, but my sister and brother in-law know how to throw a party.
  • Whiffle Ball! Sure it wasn't as good as it could have been (too many little kids involved and we started too late), but it was still great.
  • Setting out for the par 3 golf course, finding out there was a tournament going on, and having to go to the "big boy" golf course. I could have done better, but frankly, I did better than I thought I was going to.
  • Some board game with my relatives that led to endless inappropriate outbursts by just about everyone involved.
  • Visiting with and mocking my Australian relatives.
All in all it was a fine weekend.

Now, having done my bloggerly duty, I shall go eat Drake's Funny Bones and drink Mt. Dew Code Red.