Thursday, November 15, 2007

Damage Report

So, as I sit here, sore as hell from playing two hours of soccer on what was little more than fuzzy green concrete, I thought I'd make a list of the damage I have done to myself since birth.

-Chipped tooth: Pretty much fixed, I remembered having it fixed (ground down), but I don't really remember how I chipped it in the first place.

-Fractured left wrist: Elementary school see-saw accident.

-Partially torn rotator left cuff: Soccer injury. Opted not to have surgery. Once in a while I tear the scar tissue and it hurts for a few days, but otherwise, it's manageable.

-Left knee: Soccer injury. I'm not sure what's actually "wrong" with it except that when my legs start to fatigue from playing, hiking, etc., it looses some of it's spring. It is also the cause of the limp that only one person has ever noticed.

-Shins, both: Numerous scars and calcifications. All soccer-related except for one scar/lump the origin of which I shall never discuss.

-Toes: I have broken all of them at least once, and my right big toe so many times that it doesn't bend like it is supposed to.

All in all, not too bad I guess.

No comments: