Monday, October 08, 2007

The Kid Stays in the Picture

(with apologies to Robert Evans)

I relate the following story from my day today mainly because- while I was certainly flattered- it made me laugh out loud.

A friend of mine came up to me today and said that a friend of hers (who doesn't know my name) wondered to her where I'd been recently. My friend asked who she meant, and she replied, "You know, the cute guy with the backpack!"

Okay, so let's review my conflicting reactions to this first.

1. The young lady in question is quite attractive and found me to be cute- SCORE!
2. I'm concerned that becoming known as "guy with the backpack" is one step away from being known as that guy who stands in front of his house and waves to every car that passes buy or the guy who covers all his windows with aluminum foil to keep the government from spying on him.

I'm going to stick with the first one as it makes me think that maybe, just maybe, I've still got it...or at least a part of it.

No comments: