Monday, November 29, 2010

I'll probably do this at some point.

Longer ago than I'd care to remember at this point I made a cross-country drive (CT to AZ and back) by myself and I really enjoyed it and I'd like to do it again.

The next time, though, I'd like to do as much of the driving as possible at night.*

America just looks different at night and I'd love to see things like the Great Plains and the Rocky Mountains by moonlight and small towns and big cities by streetlight.

That looks much more sappy in print than it sounds in my head, but I think it would be really interesting and maybe even a little bit dangerous.

*not the PA Turnpike, though, that was hellish.

1 comment:

Sculptor?!? said...

Not sappy in the least (or I'm as sappy as you, take your pick). We timed parts of our drive from OH to AZ (and back) for just such a purpose.

For what it's worth, White Sands National Monument is both hellishly creepy and eerily, hauntingly beautiful by the light of the full moon.