Monday, March 15, 2010

Books completed thus far in 2010

Last year I read about three books a month, which was not bad considering a great many of them were 500+ pages, but so far this year I'm running a bit behind. Nevertheless, here's what I've finished off, not counting books that I began in 2009-
  • The Vikings: A History by Robert Ferguson
  • The Art of Noir by Eddie Muller
  • 2066 by Roberto Bolano
  • Nixon and Kissinger: Partners in Power by Robert Dallek
  • Our Magnificent Bastard Tongue: The Untold Story of English by John H. McWhorter
  • The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
So, that's six books in about eight weeks- not great. Then again, there are two books here that are almost 1,000 pages long, so I'll cut myself a little slack. I'll also cut myself a little slack because since the beginning of the year there has been a lot going on in "real life" that has prevented me from reading as much as I might like (and from posting here, for that matter), the best of which is that my car was vandalized.

One note on the list so far: I bought the Zafon book because it looked "interesting enough for a plane ride" and it was cheap. Little did I suspect that it would be the best book I've read in a long time- or at least since I finished the Larsson books last year. He's written at least on other novel, and I hope many more than that!

No comments: