Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Let's recap, shall we?

Over the last year or so I've scrimped and saved, and then, after my not-really-unexpected windfall at Christmas, splurged, in an effort to turn my palatial imitation apartment* into something that looks like it belongs to an adult and not a college freshman. So, let's see what I've accomplished and what's left.

-New couch: technically it's a "love seat," but it's as big as a couch.
-New bed: a real bed, it cannot be folded up into anything else.
-New mattress: it's a top of the line futon style one, but that's what my back likes.
-New shelving units: they are the cheap "build yourself" type, but they're an improvement.
-New receiver: hey, a stereo upgrade is still an upgrade!
-New PS3: I need my games, and, a big "sorry about that" to those who went for HD-DVD.

From the "addition by subtraction" category:

-My two HUGE crappy/ugly CD racks have been replaced leather CD books that fit on a shelf.
-My old futon and mattress are now in my brother's basement and I have more storage room.
-My closet now has plenty of room in it.

Still to do:

-A table and two chairs for the kitchen.
-A movable island/counter for the kitchen.

These items have been located, I just need to wait until I'm back from vacation to make the trip to IKEA to get them.



*bonus points to anyone who can identify the source of that quote.

No comments: